Sunday, February 3, 2013

bacon bark sticks

My dogs eat a fair amount of treats a day so the basic treats lasted just longer than a week. I decided for the next batch, I would try Bacon Bark Sticks (it's not my recipe so please click the link to get it!) They were super easy to make and an absolute hit with the dogs. I was vegetarian for years and I'm not a big fan of meat, so I don't even make bacon in my house (blasphemy to some people, I know). Anything for my dogs though. If you're like me, then the measurements for the recipe are a tad confusing so I'll help you out - 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon is roughly 4 slices of bacon and 4 tablespoon of bacon fat is just under 1/4 cup.
Instead of rolling out the dough and cutting it with a pizza cutter like the recipe states, I went crazy with cookie cutters so that I have a lot of tiny treats instead of 24 "sticks."  I will definitely be making these on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment