Tuesday, March 19, 2013

monthly review: March BarkBox!

We got our BarkBox today! As you can see, Ares and Luna have learned that they love this box and I couldn't even get them to sit down for a picture. Ginger, on the other hand, had no idea what was going on.



And their wonderful haul. BarkBox also changed it up by having the advice columnist for Elle magazine do a little advice column for our furry friends! It was a really fun way for them to describe what came in the box!


First up: Feel Good chicken liver treats. BarkBox says "All natural and made with limited ingredients, Feel Good Treats are many a BarkBox subscriber's favorite. We know BarkBoxers want the best for their fur babies, which is why you'll be thrilled to hear that all of Feel Good's meat is human-grade. Moreover, these treats are free of wheat, corn, and soy!" A bag costs $9.95 and their website is here.


Oh man, did Ares and Luna love these! All manners went out the window as they were desperate to be the first to try these scrumptious treats! 

 Even Ginger figured out that there was some yummy goodness going on!



The next treat that came up was the Little Eatz peanut butter cookies. BarkBox says "You pup might have to wait for you to finish your appetizer and entree, but you can certainly split dessert! Little Eatz peanut butter cookies are the first cookie that humans and dogs can enjoy together - we may have gone through a bag at the BarkBox office. Scout loves when they're topped with even more peanut butter!"  These treats are for a great price at $3.99 a bag and can be found here.



These suckers were so good that I couldn't get a picture fast enough of my babies chowing down on them. Poor Luna doesn't do well with peanut butter but I dropped a treat and she snatched it up before I could get it. We'll see what happens tonight! She loved it though. You guys will have to settle for a picture of me trying the treat. Because yes, I did try it. I'm not a fan of peanut butter cookies in general but these weren't bad! I think I'll leave them for Ares and Luna though!


The first toy I gave them to try was the Harry Barker hemp bones (the tag is already removed in the picture because Ginger grabbed it out of the box and ran while I was taking pictures of the treats!) BarkBox says "Harry Barker hemp bones are stuffed with eco-friendly fibers made from 100% recycled post-consumer plastics. They'll entertain four-legged squeaky toy afficionados while catering to the design-minded pet parent - plus, they're green! Everyone wins, including Mother Nature." The bones come in two sizes, we got the small one which retails for $10 and can be found here.


They loved it! The squeaker is JUST barely hard enough to squeak that it doesn't make it incredibly annoying for me to listen to and it squeaks enough to keep them entertained so it's a win-win for me. They did not want to share this toy with each other!




The last toy we got was the LollyCadoodle wool mouse. BarkBox says "If your pup's prey drive is anywhere as strong as the BarkBox office pups', you'll know that the pursuit of mice isn't just for cats. LollyCadoodle mice are handmade by master artisans in Nepal, who in turn source their wool from local vendors." I couldn't find the cute little mouse on their site but most of their toys seem to retail about $12.95. You can visit their site here.


I totally did find it weird that my dogs got a mouse toy but Luna LOVES that tail! I think it'll be put to great use as a tug of war toy!





Finally, we got poop bags. I think BarkBox read my mind because I had JUST run out of poop bags and they were on my list of things to pick up the next time I made a pet store run. I think these were just an extra throw in item (they promote Angie's List, as well as giving me a coupon to sign up for Angie's List at a discounted price).

For the second month in a row, Ares and Luna are absolutely THRILLED with their BarkBox and I love seeing them so happy. Hopefully, in the future, I can teach them to use better manners while waiting for me to give them their goodies but I loved all the "blooper" pictures I snapped today.


1 comment:

  1. Ares and Luna are adorable! Winston is looking forward to his very own Barkbox :]

    ReplyDelete