Tuesday, June 4, 2013

that time I had 5 dogs

More commonly referred to as the worst idea in my life.

The thing about me pet sitting Ginger is that I don't get asked anymore. She gets dropped off and picked up whenever he leaves and comes back. I knew that from the beginning so it doesn't bother me, except the days can change at any time at a moment's notice.

A month or two back, Maximus and Annabelle's owner asked if I could watch them again for about 5 days. I agreed without really checking my schedule and later realized that a couple of days overlap with Ginger's stay (roughly they would come over roughly 2 1/2 days before Ginger went home). I thought I was prepared. I thought I could handle it.
I couldn't have been more wrong. Ginger is an endless bundle of energy and as much as her owner swears she's housebroken, when she steps foot in my apartment, she poops and pees everywhere. And her poop (and gas) can make you throw up. It's awful. And she eats it before I can get to it. Then puts her poop mouth near my face. This is the cause of my love/hate relationship with her. She won't stop sticking her stinky parts in my face.
Maximus, as I said last time, isn't neutered and marks in my apartment. I was prepared (or so I thought) and brought the belly band and pads back out to put on him.
Annabelle isn't spayed either. Her owners made a mistake and thought that her first heat cycle was over when they brought her over. She wasn't. As a result, Maximus was marking even more than usual (like peeing through his belly band overnight), and wouldn't leave her alone. It was disastrous trying to keep Annabelle from getting pregnant (I succeeded, thankyouverymuch). I had to keep them apart every time his belly band came off. It made taking them outside to potty really hard (I kept Maximus on a very short leash next to me and Annabelle on a longer leash) and washing the belly band impossible. I don't have a washer/dryer in my apartment and Mike was always home when I wasn't so the dogs where always out. His belly band was constantly wet and smelled like pee. When I did get a chance to wash it, he peed through it again within hours.
Annabelle wanted to be dominant in the house. She and Luna got into several brawls over that decision, resulting in me trying to grab whatever fur I could to yank them off of each other. Luckily, no one got hurt in those battles and I wonder if it would have fizzled out on its on if I had let them play out. I wasn't a risk I was going to take though.

Mike has forbidden me from ever doing that again, and I don't blame him.

No comments:

Post a Comment